Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's time to start, or restart, the Joe Elliott Blog. The plan was to utilize this site last year, but we scrapped it in favor of the WHAS page. Things have changed, and this is the new place to keep in touch.

So much has happened over the last 2 days. WHAS canceled our weeknight show, but I've agreed to continue to do the Sunday morning show for "the foreseeable future. We'll see how it goes.

I've been overwhelmed and deeply touched by the outpouring of support and good wishes since my dismissal, and I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me.

Fourteen years is more than forever in broadcasting. During that time, management gave me the freedom to do the show my own way, with little or no interference. I've been blessed to have the total support and confidence of station management for virtually all of that time, and you can't ask for better than that.

WHAS is one of America's most legendary radio stations. It has a rich history of community service, and it's been one of this country's most successful news/talk stations. It doesn't get any better than working for WHAS--a station that has been part of the fabric of Louisville. What a great honor to work for one of America's great radio stations with some unbelievably talented personalities.

We had a great run! Doing that program was my life's dream. Nobody loves his job more than I loved mine, and while I'm deeply disappointed that it's over, it's time to turn the page.

The only thing constant in life is change. In the end, you either adjust or destruct. Adversity gives us a great opportunity to learn and grow, and this morning, I'd like to hear your life change stories. What happens when you're unexpectedly laid off or your business goes bust?

Again, thank you so much for your calls and e-mails in support of our show. It was something special, and I appreciate you more than you will ever know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home